Monday, September 17, 2012

The Ones That Almost Got Away

I am  not a photographer.I love photos and look at them  in  magazines, blogs and  in my hallway every day . Photos of my family are probaly my most prized possessions. I took photography in college and can take pretty good shots if I try with a decent camera. I almost got a degree in magazine journalism because I wanted to work with layouts of photos.  I do have an eye for composition , color, contrast and balance when you are setting up a shot. And all day long I see life through snap shot images in my mind and think, " Oh that would make a cool photo or interesting painting".  I say  I'm  too busy living in the moments to stop and capture the moments. While I see through a lens I don't live behind one.  But regardless of why,  I don't take photographs.  

So I am  grateful to live in a day when sharing photos is so available and easy.  For while I am at most all the school functions and family events I am never the one camera in hand. I am thankful to all the generous moms who share the moments of my boys' school days.  I am thankful to aunts and uncles who capture all my boys birthdays and family vacation memories. And I am thankful for friends who share our lives and  capture all the other  " in between" events.  And I'm thankful to my husband who faithfully  remembers to take a photo of each of my paintings just before they are sold and slip out the back door!








These are a few that almost got away!...




No comments:

Post a Comment